Today's post is brought to you by Kami from Kami's Library Thoughts and she'll be talking about The Théâtre Illuminata series by Lisa Mantchev. I have a soft spot for all things Shakespeare, since I spent so much time in my MA program studying his work, but I actually haven't read these yet! I love how all these guests posts this week seem to be tailor made for me. Thanks for being so accommodating, guest posters, you're the best. :) Really, though, thanks to Kami for writing this awesome post! Theatre Illuminata sounds like a charming, enchanting, thrilling story, and I'm glad that these books are now on my radar! When you're done here, show Kami some love by stopping by Kami's Library Thoughts!
Théâtre Illuminata by Lisa Mantchev
Love the title of the series, and these covers are AMAZING!
1. Describe this series in five words: Trapped Shakespeare characters escape theater
2. Who should read this series? Anyone who loves Shakespeare, plays, fairies, charming men, and adventure.
3. If this series were an animal what would it be? A pixie fairy
4. Is there anything triggering in this series that readers should be aware of? I read this a few years ago, so I can't quite remember. The 4 little fairies from A Midsummer's Dream like to run around naked. They don't go into detail or anything. It just mentions it. Other than that, I think it is a pretty clean read.
5. What food/drink did you crave after reading this series? I honestly have no idea!
6. If you were to give this series to someone as a gift, what other item would you pair it with?
The complete works of William Shakespeare or framed pictures of the covers!
7. What emotion did you feel the most while reading this book? Curiosity, Wonder, Love, Frustration, Happiness, Excitement, and a whole bunch of others.
8. After finishing this series, what should I read next?
The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
9. Summarize this series with a GIF:
10. Give your final pitch of why people should read this series: This series is a hidden gem! It deserves more attention. It is humorous, enchanting, filled with charming characters, and so unique! Plus the covers are GORGEOUS! You can judge these books by their covers.