Welcome to the second of this week's guest posts on The Series Series! All week this week I'll be hosting guest posts from around the blogosphere, wherein five lovely book bloggers will share their love for a beloved book series by answering ten questions about it.
Today's post is brought to you by Jessie from Jessie Reads Everything and she'll be talking about The Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews. I have to be honest, I had never even heard of this series before Jessie brought it to my attention! But all the mentions of lions has me immediately curious (go Gryffindor!) plus this story sounds like it's wildly adventurous, so basically I'm down to read it IMMEDIATELY. Thanks, Jessie, for writing this post, and for sharing your joy and enthusiasm for this (new to me!) series! When you're done here, show Jessie some love by stopping by Jessie Reads Everything!
Kate will kick your ass.
2. Who should read this series? Everyone who loves a good urban fantasy book!
3. If this series were an animal what would it be? A lion. It has to be a lion. Because reasons.
4. Is there anything triggering in this series that readers should be aware of? This series has quite a bit of violence and adult humor as well as a few sex scenes later in the series.
5. What food/drink did you crave after reading this series? Steak and Apple Pie. Read the books and tell me you don’t crave apple pie.
6. If you were to give this series to someone as a gift, what other item would you pair it with? I have to pair it with a stuffed lion because Curran.
7. What emotion did you feel the most while reading this book? Happy!
8. After finishing this series, what should I read next? I’d recommend starting either the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne or the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
9. Summarize this series with a GIF:
10. Give your final pitch of why people should read this series: This is one of the best-realized fantasy worlds I've ever encountered. This series takes in a post-apocalyptic Atlanta, where magic and technology come in unpredictable waves. Magic feeds on technology causing skyscrapers to fall, planes to drop out of the sky, cars to stall, and electricity to die. When magic is down, guns and all other technology works while spells fail. The magic has allowed for all kinds of creatures to exist like shapeshifters, monsters, and the Masters of the Dead with their vampires. And in this screwed up world lives Kate Daniels. Kate likes her sword a little too much and has a hard time keeping her mouth shut. The magic in her blood makes her a target, and she has spent most of her life hiding in plain sight. But sometimes even trained killers make friends and fall in love, and when the universe tries to kick them in the face, they kick back.