I'm participating in today's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's prompt is:
Top Ten Characters I Wish Would Get Their OWN Book
Let the side-character-love-fest commence!!
10. Cinna from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
I want to know what made him so compassionate.
9. Liv from the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi
Roar and Liv are fan-favorites, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to read more about their ill-fated love story. (I want more than the novella Rossi wrote about them. They deserve their own series.)
8. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Seriously. Who wouldn't want to read this book??
7. Rowan from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Because he is one of my all time favorite characters, ever since I finished the book so long ago (last week).
6. The Darkling from the Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo
Think of it as a villain origin story. IT WOULD BE AWESOME.
5. Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
He was certainly brilliant, but he was also flawed. How I would love to read this biography. (Not Rita Skeeter's, though, thank you very much.)
4. Dancer from The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima
I loved Dancer throughout this entire series. I always wished he had more pagetime.
3. Cosme from The Girl of Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson
Cosme was maybe my very favorite character in this series. She's feisty and powerful, and would make a great protagonist herself.
2. Littlefinger from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
How is it that dozens of other characters have had chapters told from their point of view, but Littlefinger hasn't?? I want to know what is going on in his head, since I have a feeling he's going to be instrumental in how everything ultimately shakes out in Westeros.
1. Grindelwald from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
He seems like a very different villain from Voldemort. I want to know more. Think of it as the antithesis of the Dumbledore biography above.
Who would you add?