Top Ten Books About Friendship
I'm going to slightly tweak this prompt to more highlight friendship in books, rather than books about friendship. Here's my list!
10. Cath and Regan in Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Really, I'm just trying to see how many weeks in a row I can include this book in my TTT lists. (Seriously though, their friendship was awesome.)
9. Elizabeth Bennett and Charlotte Lucas in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Not every friendship could recover from one person getting engaged to someone the other person rejected a proposal from the day before.
8. Ahab and Ishmael in Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
The bromance is a delight across the whole, massive, whaling adventure.
7. Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
They taught an entire generation about loyalty and true friendship.
6. All the pageant girls in Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Instead of eating each other when they crash landed, they became wonderfully close friends, and a powerful force on the island.
5. Maddie and Julia in Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I can't really talk about this story without sobbing. Moving right along.
4. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson in Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This duo is rightly adored.
3. Danny and Reuven in The Chosen by Chaim Potok
I adored these two so much, and loved how much they learned from each other.
2. Aibileen and Minny from The Help by Katheryn Stockett
How can you not love those two? They are impressive characters on their own, but together their friendship is positively formidable.
1. Pi and Richard Parker in Life of Pi by Yann Martell
It doesn't matter that one of them is an animal. They gave each other strength and courage and hope at the most desperate time of their lives. (And, if you've read the epilogue, you will understand that the most powerful friendship we can have is with ourselves.)
What are the greatest friendships you've read about?