Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon
Great prompt for Valentines week, right? I'm not a huge reader of the romance genre, but I still love watching a good romance unfold, so long as it's not at the forefront of the story. I assumed that Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy were a given, so I left them off my list in favor of other less obvious couples. Here's my list!
10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This couple is grounded and real and really adorable.
9. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. Elisa and Humberto have a kind and subtle romance amid the political turmoil around them. I don't have anything against Hector, I just really loved Humberto.
8. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima. Four books of teasing and tension finally payed off.
7. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi. Aria and Perry are great and all, but my favorite couple is Liv and Roar.
6. Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn. Zoe and Darien are stubborn and different and funny and fabulous.
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I was rooting for Cinder and Kai like I hadn't for a fictional couple in a long, long time.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, HERMIONE AND RON ARE AWESOME TOGETHER.
3. Fire by Kristin Cashore. Fire and Brigan have some great chemistry going on.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Not so much swoonish as sweet, seeing as Rudy and Liesel are, like, twelve. But I still loved them.
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Claire and Jamie are definitely swoonish.
What about you? Any swoon-worthy books I missed?